That's a wrap!
A huge thank you to all those who contributed to and attended Forward Summit 2022 at the Grey Eagle Event Centre in Tsuut'ina Nation
We can’t express how delighted we were to welcome over 900 physical attendees to Canada’s largest and most influential event centred on progressing economic reconciliation. Forward Summit 2022 was packed with valuable lessons, insights and imagination. We hosted over 100 expert thought-leaders, over 40 exhibitors, and participants spanning across all of Canada. Whether you joined us in person, or logged on from a different part of the world, we hope you enjoyed the event. We look forward to welcoming you back in March 2023 and bringing Forward Summit out East in 2024.
Forward Summit 2022 At A glance
With over 1000 event attendees representing both Indigenous and non Indigenous organizations & leaders - 91% stated the conference resulted in new business opportunities
Over 120 thought leaders gathered to share insights and knowledge
170+ Indigenous Communities
Delegates traveled from across Canada to attend Forward Summit.
Delegates were greeted by a sold-out exhibition during lunch and networking breaks. The exhibition floor was the apex of conversations and transactions.
- Indigenous thought-leaders
- Community Chiefs
- Community Elders
- Indigenous business owners
- Non-Indigenous industry experts
- Economic Development Officers
- Senior industry decision makers
- Investment and financial community members
- The 16 breakout sessions which each focused on economic growth opportunities and challenges for a specific industry and demographic
- The four panel discussions led by some of Canada’s best and brightest minds in Indigenous relations and business
- The more than 40 exhibits attendees were able to visit during networking breaks
- The Elders and Chiefs who shared their wisdom and hopes for the future with the Forward Summit audience
- The Indigenous Artisans who put their unique creations on full display
- The Opening Night Reception co-hosted by Northeastern Alberta Business Aboriginal Association (NAABA), and the Silent Auction which raised over $6,000 CDN for The Legacy of Hope Foundation
What is Economic Reconciliation?
Watch Forward Summit Co-Chair, JP Gladu, welcome over 500 delegates to the inaugural event and share the significance and opportunities of Economic Reconciliation.
Forward Summit is a national gathering of Indigenous and non-Indigenous thought leaders who are committed to Indigenous prosperity. From our dedicated Co-Chair to our passionate attendees, economic reconciliation is the goal and Forward Summit is a platform to gather, share, learn, build trust, and reconcile.
We welcome back the leaders of Forward Summit who continue to guide and shape the direction of the event.